The 501 Forum

Tactical Operations Center
It is currently December 15th, 2017, 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Vietnam War Books
PostPosted: September 11th, 2014, 1:49 pm 

Do you enjoy reading Vietnam War books? Over the years, I have amassed quite a collection of war books and have physically rated and reviewed them on Amazon and elsewhere. Hell, Amazon even has a ranking for me as a book reviewer. Anyway, I've captured all those reviews about Vietnam War Novels and have compiled them in a single posting on my website, offering vets an other readers an opportunity to read my personal takes on these stories - all at one place. It should be noted that I have not read EVERY published Vietnam book, but have read enough to put a dent in the genre.

I'm also the author of "Cherries - A Vietnam War Novel" and hope that you consider reading my story - having served with both the 1/27th Wolfhounds of the 25th Infantry Division and the 1/501st Geronimo of the 101st Airborne during 1970 / 71, the book has received many positive reviews and comments from both vets and civilians. I've added two links below. The first is the link to my website where you can learn more about my book, read articles related to Vietnam and see pictures and videos from the war. The second, is a direct link to my Vietnam Book Library...this is an open link and all new reviews are published on top - so this page can be visited periodically for updates. Hope you enjoy it!

Book reviews: http://cherrieswriter.wordpress.com/201 ... -reviewed/

Post subject: Re: Vietnam War Books
PostPosted: September 11th, 2014, 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

WOW! Thanks for that one Pdogg and congrats on the success of "Cherries. I've read some books over the years mostly written by guys that served in the same unit I did. My name was actually mentioned in one of them (in a good way of course) :D
One book that got my attention had an all white cover with the title embossed on it just like the beatles white album. I don't remember the actual title but there was a line in it I'll never forget. It was the author's descrpition of grunts, "adrenaline junkies high on fear". A lot of truth in that.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2014, 4:45 pm 

Terrific website Pdogg. Obviously a lot of work went into that. Lots of interesting articles, well done.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 1:40 am 

I also enjoy reading books about Vietnam war. I first read Dispatches By Michael Herr on http://quintessentialcollectionvietnam. ... ietnam-war and then became interested in more books about the war. I have read 3 books by far.

Dispatches By Michael Herr
A Bright Shining Lie By Neil Sheehan
A Rumor of War By Philip Caputo